View post (Custom Built Axe)

View thread

Azrael
Gargoyle Instructor
Azrael
Gargoyle Instructor
04/18/2003 10:48 am
Yo !

I was wondering who of you guys has ever gone to a guitar-builder and had him building a guitar for you according to your descriptions?

Im in the process of doing so.
My guitar will be a 36 fret (well - actually 33 fret with wholetones from the 30th fret onward - but all in all 3 octaves per string) with a fretless 7th string (low B)

Pickup will be an active EMG 7string picup and probably a piezzopickup for neat acousticsound. It will be made from exquisit woods (we are not yet decided what woods exactly) and it will have some cool finish 8which is also undecidded yet)

I also have a pic of the plan here but the site where i uploaded it is down at the moment - i wil include it later on

the whole thing will be somewhere between 2800 and 3200 Euro (which is more or less the same amount in USD)

Constructor is neubauer-guitars (www.neubauerguitars.com) - an EXCELLENT guitarmanufacturer - i´ve played some of is instruments and they are WAAAY better than ANYTHING i have ever played before - even the realy expensive guitars like parker

[FONT=Times New Roman]Holiness is in right action and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves. What you decide to do every day makes you a good person... or not.[/FONT][br][br]