View post (freedom fries)

View thread

zepp_rules
zepp_rules
03/13/2003 8:29 pm
in case you guys haven't heard at congress they remnamed the French Fries, Freedom Fries.

this is bull****, this is the exact same racism that was rampant throughout the first world war when Sauerkraut was called liberty cabbage and so on. have we regressed that far?

we aren't even at war with france, we are just scapegoating them because of their anti-war stance. if you know anything about history or read the book 1984, one of the main ways to rally the populus for war is to dehumanize and demonize the enenmy, going back the World War 1 example i gave.

it's scary, that this kind of thing happened, especially at Congress itself. whether you believe in the war or not, this kind of act is intolerable. it may seem like a small thing, but it can have serious effects, it certainly won't do us any favors in france.
To improve technique and of course trying to keep all as clean as possible. I know my own limits and speed limits and so on I never play anything I'm not capable of. That wouldn't make any sense. After three years of playing I tried to play everything as fast as possible and that sounded, I would say, like shit, and I didn't realize that if I'd play bit slower things than I was capable of playing then everything would sound much better.

--Aleksi Laiho - Advice to Play By