View post (Fender Champion 40)

View thread

deepiper9
Full Access
deepiper9
Full Access
04/04/2023 1:49 am
#7 Originally Posted by: manXcat

The footswitch caps are pretty much a quintessential accessory for the contemporary standard latching style footswitch button. I fit them to all my footswitches and pedals. Press fit, those generics I linked to are inexpensive and have a decent lifespan.

Pacificas are superb. Every one of them punches well above its respective segment weight. I have four of them of varying configs and segment levels among my inventory. That PAC112V OVS was my first Pacifica and initial guitar I bought when I returned to guitar. I still play it regularly. Been modded since. It now has a Seymour Duncan TB-4 (JB Trembucker) in the bridge & GraphTech TUSQ nut. It looks a lot better in the flesh than that image suggests. That pic was a rubbish exposure I hastily found to illustrate an example the footswitch button caps. 

The smaller bodied Yamaha FS800 is a superb acoustic choice in its segment. 👍 It'll take you a long way on your journey.

I'm fond of Teles. Leo got the design right. I appreciate why it's your favourite. What year model is your Affinity? 

I recently took the opportunity to buy a Squier Bullet Tele and can only remark that Squier have really lifted their game over the past two or three years in the particular. Build quality is stunning considering its price point and tier in the hierachy. It's truly enjoyable to play. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend them. Same guitar different paint, better player.

Re your guitar inventory list. Config versatility there. Plenty of scope for your journey. 👌

My Affinity Tele is a 2019-2020 model I think. I got it as a  Fathers Day gift from my wife and son right after all the Covid-19 madness started. It does'nt have the belly cut outs on the back like the newer Affinity Tele's. It's more old school Tele. Heavier than the newer Affinity Tele's. I have seen one of the candy apple red with sparkles like the one in the video. 

You mentioned a couple of Blackstar amps  in one of the previous posts. Do you own one? I have a BlackStar Fly 3 mini amp. Small little battery powered amp that sounds great. I use it in our bedroom for practicing over lunch breaks from work and whatnot. I plan on taking it on the road with me when I go on vacation later this year. Very light and  easy to use. 

edited