View post (Fender Champion 40)

View thread

manXcat
manXcat
04/03/2023 9:30 am
#5 Originally Posted by: deepiper9

Nice rig there! I like the foot/stomp button covers for the footswitches. So far the only pedal I own is the Fender footswitch. The button covers are cheap so it looks like an easy mod to make the footswitch more comfortable to use.

How are you liking your Yamaha Pacifica? My acoustic that I play daily is a Yamaha FS800. I recommend it to anyone looking for an affordable, quality acoustic guitar. It's gotten me though Guitar Fundamentals 1&2, plus a lot of the lessons under the acoustic "styles". I've learned alot of songs from GT, jamming with a buddy of mine, and other sources as well. 

I currently have 4 electric guitars. 3 Squires and an Epiphone Les Paul Speciai II. The Squires are:

Squire Affinity butterscotch Telecaster. My favorite.
Squire Bullet HT Stratocaster. |
Squire Bullet Mustang.

The Epiphone I bought used. It needs some work and a good setup. Should be a nice little rocker afterwards.  

The footswitch caps are pretty much a quintessential accessory for the contemporary standard latching style footswitch button. I fit them to all my footswitches and pedals. Press fit, those generics I linked to are inexpensive and have a decent lifespan.

Pacificas are superb. Every one of them punches well above its respective segment weight. I have four of them of varying configs and segment levels among my inventory. That PAC112V OVS was my first Pacifica and initial guitar I bought when I returned to guitar. I still play it regularly. Been modded since. It now has a Seymour Duncan TB-4 (JB Trembucker) in the bridge & GraphTech TUSQ nut. It looks a lot better in the flesh than that image suggests. That pic was a rubbish exposure I hastily found to illustrate an example the footswitch button caps. 

The smaller bodied Yamaha FS800 is a superb acoustic choice in its segment. 👍 It'll take you a long way on your journey.

I'm fond of Teles. Leo got the design right. I appreciate why it's your favourite. What year model is your Affinity? 

I recently took the opportunity to buy a Squier Bullet Tele and can only remark that Squier have really lifted their game over the past two or three years in the particular. Build quality is stunning considering its price point and tier in the hierachy. It's truly enjoyable to play. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend them. Same guitar different paint, better player.

Re your guitar inventory list. Config versatility there. Plenty of scope for your journey. 👌