View post (Fender Champion 40)

View thread

deepiper9
Full Access
deepiper9
Full Access
04/03/2023 4:39 am
#4 Originally Posted by: manXcat

That Fender Ch Select/Effects on/off footswitch is great. Nicely constructed, long detachable cable and sturdy with a metal casing. Really improves the enjoyment of using the amp. I have one for each my amps. Some of the smart footswitches required are propietary e.g. Blackstar FS-10 & FS-11. FS-8 is like the Fender unit and can be used across multiple amps requiring only a dumb two button on/off latching footswitch. 

Here's a minor inexpensive mod I made to mine to improve its stomp button footprint for socked/bare feet and visual functionality. Zoom to view the footswitch closer. Mine are no name generics from AliExpress bought by the 10 pack per colour. I use them on all my CN style button pedals. Highly recommended.

No doubt your Champion will see many years of practical enjoyable use for sure. I like its tones. Although I don't have a Champion 40, I still use my 40W solid state practice amps almost every day. I have two as liking it, I upgraded to the latest model V3 when a too good not to opportunity presented, but didn't sell my original V1 which is almost 6 years old now and soldiering on like a trooper. Keep them in different rooms, so the original still gets used too. 

Nice rig there! I like the foot/stomp button covers for the footswitches. So far the only pedal I own is the Fender footswitch. The button covers are cheap so it looks like an easy mod to make the footswitch more comfortable to use.

How are you liking your Yamaha Pacifica? My acoustic that I play daily is a Yamaha FS800. I recommend it to anyone looking for an affordable, quality acoustic guitar. It's gotten me though Guitar Fundamentals 1&2, plus a lot of the lessons under the acoustic "styles". I've learned alot of songs from GT, jamming with a buddy of mine, and other sources as well. 

I currently have 4 electric guitars. 3 Squires and an Epiphone Les Paul Speciai II. The Squires are:

Squire Affinity butterscotch Telecaster. My favorite.
Squire Bullet HT Stratocaster. |
Squire Bullet Mustang.

The Epiphone I bought used. It needs some work and a good setup. Should be a nice little rocker afterwards.