View post (Fender Champion 40)

View thread

manXcat
manXcat
03/29/2023 4:39 am
#3 Originally Posted by: deepiper9

Thank you for your reply. I really do like this amp and look forward to using it for years to come. I did purchase a Fender 2 button footswitch similar to the one the gentleman in the video is using. Works great and makes it fast and easy to flip between both clean and the voice/effects channel.  I have watched the videos of the guitarist before. Great tone and sound using common, affordable gear. Take care and have a great week. 

Dee

That Fender Ch Select/Effects on/off footswitch is great. Nicely constructed, long detachable cable and sturdy with a metal casing. Really improves the enjoyment of using the amp. I have one for each my amps. Some of the smart footswitches required are propietary e.g. Blackstar FS-10 & FS-11. FS-8 is like the Fender unit and can be used across multiple amps requiring only a dumb two button on/off latching footswitch. 

Here's a minor inexpensive mod I made to mine to improve its stomp button footprint for socked/bare feet and visual functionality. Zoom to view the footswitch closer. Mine are no name generics from AliExpress bought by the 10 pack per colour. I use them on all my CN style button pedals. Highly recommended.

No doubt your Champion will see many years of practical enjoyable use for sure. I like its tones. Although I don't have a Champion 40, I still use my 40W solid state practice amps almost every day. I have two as liking it, I upgraded to the latest model V3 when a too good not to opportunity presented, but didn't sell my original V1 which is almost 6 years old now and soldiering on like a trooper. Keep them in different rooms, so the original still gets used too.