View thread

deepiper9
Full Access
deepiper9
Full Access
03/29/2023 2:53 am
#2 Originally Posted by: manXcat

G'day!  

Pleased for you to hear you're getting along with and loving your new Champion 40. The Champion series are remarkable amps. Not only sound wise, but straighforward ease of use practicality.  Underrated and often overlooked as a first amp because they are digital yet aren't the epitome of every current bell and whistle novelty sought by the Katana/Mustang review and fanboy influenced crowd most of which beginner and many 'not so beginner' guitarists will never use for an aeon if ever. Fender Champions are a definitive case of the efficient purpose in "less is more", although they have plenty of options not to be limiting to students nor the average guitarist.

Inexpensive for what they deliver, the Champion 100 2x12 (footswitch included) in particular punches way above its pricepoint. Here's just a singular example of how good Champions can sound

Oh., and a heads up without any pettily intended chastisement. Rather a guiding hand for future reference. This topic/thread properly belongs in the Gear Discussion sub-forum. Read the Gear Forum Review Rules. They self elaborate why. No biggie. Mod may move it. Cheers.

Thank you for your reply. I really do like this amp and look forward to using it for years to come. I did purchase a Fender 2 button footswitch similar to the one the gentleman in the video is using. Works great and makes it fast and easy to flip between both clean and the voice/effects channel.  I have watched the videos of the guitarist before. Great tone and sound using common, affordable gear. Take care and have a great week. 

Dee