View post (Fender Champion 40)

View thread

manXcat
manXcat
03/28/2023 10:07 pm
#1 Originally Posted by: deepiper9

In another post here I wrote about getting a Fender Champion 50xl amp from my wife for my birthday. Well after a few months of me and the amp not getting along so well, and some technical issues, I sent the amp back in exchange for a Fender Champion 40. Much happier now. I like the more retro Fender look of the amp. Virtually the same features as the Champion 50xl. Easy to use and get some good tones with. Loud...oh yeah. It has the stock Fender speaker in it over the Celestion the 50xl had. Honestly, it meets and exceeds my needs. 

G'day!  

Pleased for you to hear you're getting along with and loving your new Champion 40. The Champion series are remarkable amps. Not only sound wise, but straighforward ease of use practicality.  Underrated and often overlooked as a first amp because they are digital yet aren't the epitome of every current bell and whistle novelty sought by the Katana/Mustang review and fanboy influenced crowd most of which beginner and many 'not so beginner' guitarists will never use for an aeon if ever. Fender Champions are a definitive case of the efficient purpose in "less is more", although they have plenty of options not to be limiting to students nor the average guitarist.

Inexpensive for what they deliver, the Champion 100 2x12 (footswitch included) in particular punches way above its pricepoint. Here's just a singular example of how good Champions can sound

Oh., and a heads up without any pettily intended chastisement. Rather a guiding hand for future reference. This topic/thread properly belongs in the Gear Discussion sub-forum. Read the Gear Forum Review Rules. They self elaborate why. No biggie. Mod may move it. Cheers.