View post (My New Piano Playing Friend)

View thread

TheDirt
TheDirt
03/02/2003 4:10 am
I recently met a guy who plays piano, specifically the blues. He is so awesome... what he can do by himself is so amazing... first off, it's not physically possible to play like that on the guitar because the seperation of high and low pitches, and secondly the kinds of riffs, runs, and chords he does seem impossible to play on guitar. I almost want to quit and play piano.

The guitar did redeem itself, however. We were jamming on a typical 12 bar trading solos and he said that my playing is awesome and he wishes he could play piano like I play guitar... crazy, since what I was thinking is that I wish I could play guitar like he plays piano. I guess each instrument has is pros and cons.

Oh yeah, one other thing. This guy's friend owns a bar, and they have a different type of open mic than normal. They have a spare guitar and piano and anyone can go up and solo along to the house band which plays backup. I think it's a great idea, and I've really enjoyed it. Anyone know of similar places?
"You must stab him in the heart with the Bone Saber of Zumacalis... well, you could stab him in the head or the lungs, too... and the saber, it probably doesn't have to be bone, just anything sharp lying around the house... you could poke him with a pillow and kill him."

- Aqua Teen Hunger Force, The Universal Re-Monster