View post (Applied Guitar Theory)

View thread

flyonthemoon596
flyonthemoon596
11/24/2022 11:56 pm

I've never seen any books or lessons that teach all these items in a graduated format, beginning to advanced guitar: scales, chords, and arpeggios, and how to use them in one course or lesson. Each lesson would consider scales, chords, and arpeggios in the same lesson.

Obviously, there's no end to theory, but I'd like to see lessons of this sort, each one complete in itself from beginner or intermediate to advanced [insorar as is possible]. After all, music theory is one of those deliciously infinite concepts humans have conceived of.

For example, a lesson could start with the major scale, its chords and arpeggios, and how to apply them in one lesson. The course would continue in a graduated way so that one could learn theory as far as one could go. [As I said, guitar theory would be impossible to completely cover, but I think this would be an ongoing, digestible way to present guitar theory.]

These lessons would NOT include sheet reading alone, but WOULD include standard notation and TAB.

May you always love playing and learning the wonderful guitar instrument,
Fly On The Moon

edited