View post (chord changes hard)

View thread

William MG
Full Access
William MG
Full Access
12/28/2022 2:19 pm
#13 Originally Posted by: tammielyn.ts

As an update, i have made remarkable improvement and realized where i was going wrong with practice and also being hard on myself when in actuality i was doing well, my teacher observed and said i'm in my head and not seeing how good i'm doing, expecting perfection really.  but what i did was found a good tutorial on chord transitions, the more challenging ones f chords barre etc and how to improve.  i was takng these more difficult ones and doing complex strumming patterns, where i should not have been, bc the brain needs to focus on one thing at a time and working on that.  i have no issues with these transitions anymore and have crossed a bridge, so my experience  taught me  not only to get better in the area i wanted, but also for my long term journey, being hard on myself, frustrated will get me no where, but to breathe, be patient, put the right work in and trust the process, and be happy i spend the time in practice i did, that in itself is an accomplishment and it will all work out as long as i'm staying patient and chill enjoying every single bit of the process, failure included, because failure teaches us.  it's funny to say, but guitar has taught me many life lessons, ones i needed in my life.  hope your journey is going well too!  you look back and where you were last year or even six months.  a musician told me you'll see times you just begin to take off bc the hard work is beginning to pay off and i see that.  you'll see the brain and muscle memory and your fingers just flying over to a chord across the neck and be wow, look what i can do now and that rocks! and these little things move you in a forward momentum.  

Nice to read the update Tammie, all the best in the new year!

This year the diet is definitely gonna stick!