View thread

tammielyn.ts
Full Access
tammielyn.ts
Full Access
11/18/2022 5:20 am
#3 Originally Posted by: mjgodin

Tammie

I agree with William. I think your putting too much pressure on yourself. We all are guilty of it. Especially if you had a wrist injury. Try to relax and enjoy what you have accomplished and tell yourself your a guitar player. Focus on your strengths. 

Quick chord changes will always be a challenge cause as we learn and progress we also learn more notes and chords so it's always gonna feel like day one. I see a lot of posts about playing songs at tempo. You know what. I don't play a lot of songs at tempo and that's ok cause I'm not planning on performing on stage anytime soon. I'm not auditioning for a band and I'm not in a studio trying to record an album in time for a greedy record company. Just sitting on my couch and having fun. 

So while I can't help you with the mechanics of playing guitar to get you to the level you wanna be at just keep telling yourself your a guitar player. There will be days of struggle that's to be expected but more often than not your making more gains than you think you are. Like Anders says. As long as you keep playing your guitar your doing something right. 

Moe

Thanks Moe, I tend to be my best teacher and my worst critic.  If I get something perfect and right often hoe the heck can I struggle still. I kind of got really excited to learn lots of new things about they were time consuming and I got burnt out. I'm going back to my previous practice methods which I've been successful so far, tweak a bit, but I note realize more than ever this thing we love will teach us many lessons, the reward week be great but it will not come easy for all things, maybe some, but that stuff that comes easy, can fool us and make us forget there are zero shortcuts, so kind of arrogant of me to think I could skate by with ease, it's been a wake up call, moving forward no tolerance for criticism. If I keep up this negativity and doing too much I'll burn out and miss the fun, which up until I went crazy learning multiple new things I was having a blast.  I think tiredness can play a huge factor. I've had too long practice sessions really. TX all for the help!  Cheers