View post (chord changes hard)

View thread

tammielyn.ts
Full Access
tammielyn.ts
Full Access
11/17/2022 8:33 pm

hey, so i can do chord changes really well in the context of songs i play and using a metronome, and some strumming patterns, other times i still really struggle for it to feel comfortable and mess up,  i feel like i just won't get this, i wish it was taught in the fundamentals as part of the program, not only doing fast down strums to learn chord transitions,  but within the context of different strumming patterns, i do not know if my hands will ever be in sync and i'll be able to do this, this is the first time i've felt completely stressed and concerned i won't ever get this, it doesn't help i broke my wrist in the spring and get pain at times, but besides that, at times i've felt on top of the world, i'm doing barre chord changes (again not yet within a strumming pattern yet, not ready) and i can play songs, landslide with travis fingerpicking, blackbirds, i can do hammerons nicely,  i see unbelievble progress in my journey so much, but with chord changes i'm just not there yet at all times, and forget trying a new strumming pattern, it's like my right hand forgets to land clean and right on the spot, it struggles, and i think wow, i began chord changes with the 3 notes in pay 2020, so 2.5 years in, and i think hmmm maybe it just won't click for me.  i can jump right on the spot clean even if i close my eyes, so it isn't my right hand not knowing where to go and cleanly,  i'm great, but if just sit and do certain strumming patterns, just certain ones, or a new technique involving percussiveness, i don't get there and really struggle especially in context of new strumming pattern, is this normal to still not be perfectly clean at this stage? 

edited