View post (While the 'civilized world' looked elsewhere...)

View thread

Incidents Happen
Incidents Happen
08/25/2003 5:38 am
Rask-
One thing that I don't understand about your opinion is when you mentioned sadamm hussein's plans..."They were not peaceful". How do you know? Maybe he's like another Fidel Castro.

And what is never mentioned is the fact that the "Iraq Invading Kuwait" thing, is the fact that Kuwait was drilling oil on Iraqi land, and Iraq kept threatening Kuwait to leave. They asked the United States about this, who said "We have no interest in border disputes". This kept happening for like 3 months, until Iraq started the invasion. Now, I'm not defending Iraq, but it seems to me that the full story is never told in our media.

I don't want to express my political agenda and make this a big shout fest, I just want an understanding, proper reasoning for war, if you will.

I look at it, and say

"They didn't declare war on us...They didn't bomb us...They didn't attack us in any way...They didn't attack another nation (for 12 years), they don't have nuclear weapons..."

Note that the 'probation terms' were given by the United Nations, and not the United States. If Iraq breaks United Nations' terms, shouldn't the United Nations deal with it?

I see where, yes, Sadamm's regime was an eyesore to the Arab world, but it seemed like a pointless war to me.

~Incidents