View post (While the 'civilized world' looked elsewhere...)

View thread

noticingthemistake
Crime Fighter
noticingthemistake
Crime Fighter
03/06/2003 12:04 am
Originally posted by Raskolnikov
So if most of the people in a neighborhood don't want a man turned in for beating his wife, he shouldn't be arrested for it?

That's the wife's choice, no one can make that choice for her. Even if a nieghbor was to report it, if she doesn't press charges. Nothing can be done. That's the law.

Originally posted by Raskolnikov
Or because most of the Southern states were fine with slavery (and then later segregation), the Northern states shouldn't have interveined?

Look how many people dies over this and even after the northern states won, the slaves were not truely free. They were still persecuted in the south for another 100 years. Also the southern states broke away from the northern states, that was their decision.

I am in no way supported that this is right. Even if you look at what the consequences of starting a war now are, it won't solve anything. Yeah we may be able to get rid of Saddam but his supports will grow more ticked off at us, and well just be creating more Bin Ladens. There are other ways to approach this besides war. War should always be the last option, clearly this is not the case if we're already talking about bombing Iraq when the inspectors are still inspect Iraq. They have even complied to help us destroy the weapons, so why is war still waging forth????
"My whole life is a dark room...ONE BIG DARK ROOM" - a.f.i.