View post (While the 'civilized world' looked elsewhere...)

View thread

noticingthemistake
Crime Fighter
noticingthemistake
Crime Fighter
03/03/2003 3:04 pm
The thing to ask is who is the judge of what/whom is evil or what/whom is good? In the present dilema, it's whose side you support. The terrorist, and those who support them, think that we're evil and they're good based on their beliefs and the actions they take. They all thought they were saviors for what they did. Same thing with those who oppose it, they're evil for killing innocents but it's good when we do the same thing bombing villages. Like you said Azreal. I think everyone has evil and good inside them, and every action has a evil side and a good side. Depending on which you choose to view based on what you think is evil and good. As its panning out now, I can see nothing but evil. War is not a good thing no matter which side you look at it. You can't fight evil with evil for it only creates more evil and more terror amongst those who are good.

Taking it to the extremes and the bible, many things that even god does could be considered evil. Now if jesus was gods son, isn't it evil to let your son suffer the way he did?? Yet he was able to save Noah and many others according to the text. But then again it depends on how you look it. A christian might say, "he let him die because it was meant to be and he wanted him to come home." An Athesist might say, "well I would never let my son die that way without doing anything." It all depends on how you look at things and what your beliefs are.

Now without confusion, I believe that terrorists are evil and they should be punished severely for what they have done. That's my belief and yeah it's out of anger. Would I be doing good by doing such a thing?? I don't think so. That's the trap the world is in right now, a struggle of those with different beliefs on good and evil. Which is a trick cause it's all evil. Until we find a way to fight it without enforcing more evil...
"My whole life is a dark room...ONE BIG DARK ROOM" - a.f.i.