View post (Simons first GT song)

View thread

noticingthemistake
Crime Fighter
noticingthemistake
Crime Fighter
02/17/2003 4:21 pm
WOW! Thanx, and yeah it would be cool to post it in the next newsletter. You want mostly the stuff on target frequencies, right? If so, that's awesome. If anyone has any questions about those frequencies or just tips on how to approach them let me know and I'll add that too. I tried to make the last post short but to the point. I could explain alittle more if anyone feels something might be left out.

Simon, thanx for the tips on the vocals. I'll check it out especially the thought of the Ultravoice Pro. I was thinking about getting one of those and I think I just might go with that. The engineer I work with uses it also, and he always seems to get good production out of it. I do pretty much the same thing you do when recording. I also use a Shure KSM32 with a tube emulator, straight to the Korg D8 recorder, which has a 4-band paramteric EQ, Compressor/gate, low/high EQ, and de-esser all built in. Actually good effects for being a built-in. Then record it straight into my computer and do any addition editing with Soundforge and final mix it in Cubase VST 5.0.

I never apply reverb (echo) to anything until I'm ready to do the final mix. Reverb is used to create depth to the recording. So instead of just panning right or left, reverb gives you the ability of depth, or a 3D environment. So it's impossible to estimate how much to use when don't have the whole picture there.

"My whole life is a dark room...ONE BIG DARK ROOM" - a.f.i.