View post (What kind of amp are you using?)

View thread

tod.gentille
Full Access
tod.gentille
Full Access
01/23/2024 11:35 pm

One thing you might consider is amp simulation software. It's all I use for practicing, recording myself, and jamming with friends but I feel like I've learned a lot about many amplifiers just by spending time with the software and experimenting. Plus the tubes in the software never need replacing! (I do own one tube amp but it never gets used). Depending on how much effort you want to put in and how much you want to spend on an amp I think using this software might help you hone in on the type of amp and sound you want and even possibly pedals you want to buy. Then you can try out some you liked in your local music store.  If you know nothing about amp simulation software and want to consider AmpliTube 5. You can check it out for free (but you need a USB interface for your guitar). I created a getting started video on YouTube that might help. My channel also has an Amp in Depth series that currently looks at six different simulated amps with more to come. The channel is not monetized (at least I don't make anything) so there should be minimal ads.