View post (What kind of amp are you using?)

View thread

Steve-T
Steve-T
10/21/2022 9:13 pm

I have just got the Katana 100w head, for home use it has the onboard 8" speaker which works just great for home volumes and I will get a 1x12 cab at some point (or a 2x12) for when I want to crank it up. There is a lot to learn with Boss Tone Studio but I have made a couple of patches with help from a YT tutorial with sounds I am happy with for now.

I also have a Kustom '72 Coupe which is a great sounding valve amp but very very heavy and I don't want to use it very often.

I also have a little Vox DA5 practice amp which has some modelling onboard and has a pretty good sound for home use and was what I was using until I got the Katana head.

As for yourself, it depends on several factors, how long have you been playing, what music do you want to play, what is your budget, is it just for home use/volumes or will you be playing with a band in the near future etc. People always say go and try them in a shop, which is usually good advice but if you are a complete beginner then you probably wont have the confidence to do that, nor the knowledge or ability to know what you want.

edited