View post (pedal board build help)

View thread

slittle_92
slittle_92
09/07/2022 4:07 pm

Hi, Dont know if this is the right group to ask in.

I was just wondering on what pedal choice should be for my first pedal board for potential small giging. I use an epiphone les paul modern as a main guitar and am triying out a fender stratocaster or jazzmaster as a second/backup guitar.aas well as a boss katana 50 mk 2 for amp choice. I know that the katana has a lot of the fx built in, but prefer using stomp boxes after playing around with a friend's, that and having to manually changing the preset mid song. He has also been nice enough to sell me his old board a pedaltrain jr classic.

[br]I've done a bit of browsing around and , I could use help with just some general ideas for pedals.

Right now I've been playing a lot of either Pink Floyd, The XX, the black keys, Linkin park, Red hot chilli peppers, Metallica, Queens of the Stone Age, Nirvana & most of the “Seattle” grunge sound of the 90’s.

I am looking to build a begginers board that covers most. and after reading some articles/watching demos. am probably looking at an overdrive, distortion, fuzz, delay, compressor, reverb and chorus. pedal and have maybe got a short list for some:

Overdrive: Ibanez ts808, ts808 vs boss blues driver waza craft vs EarthQuaker Devices Plumes Overdrive

Distortion: Boss Ds1 vs Proco Rat

Fuzz: EHX nano big muff vs green Russian big muff vs op amp big muff

reverb: ehx oceans 11 vs fender marine layer vs EarthQuaker Devices Afterneath v3 vs tc electronics hall of fame

any help / suggestions not listed above would be ideal, budget would ideally be 150-200 for each pedal thanks.