View post (Need advice)

View thread

JeffS65
JeffS65
08/26/2022 5:52 pm
Originally Posted by: Unforgivne 2004

Hello! I am a beginner guitar learner. I take advantage of my holidays and practice for around 2 hours daily. I will tell you my routine, and can you please tell me whether I am not doing something wrong? Or whether I should do something more?

I start off the lesson by warming up my fingers, then I practice chords, notes, and others things I learned previously. After that, I take 2-3 guitar tricks lessons (depending on the day since I only take guitar tricks classes once every two days), and I finish lesson by learning an additional part of songs I like (and practicing part of songs I had already learned).

Thank you in advance.

Lots of awesome info here, so I'll just re-emphasize this part; "End with something fun that you can already do."

You have a very disciplined approach, and that is awesome. God knows way back when I started, I shoulda been that focused. With that said, playing guitar is ultimately about having fun so don't bog yourself down by thinking that it all must be work. Definately put in the work but don't skip the fun part.

It's like that cliche to dance like nobody's watching; take some time to play like nobody cares. Sure, try to play it well but if a mistake happens during the playing 'fun time', so be it.