View post (No clear path from here to there)

View thread

TimRetallack1
Full Access
TimRetallack1
Full Access
08/05/2022 9:33 pm

I’m pretty new here, and I’m very optimistic. There are a lot of very thoughtful things on this site, such as the information on amps and settings, but I’m having the same problems I’ve always had with online lessons, that being I can’t find any clear path in Guitar Tricks from where I am to where I want to go. I know exactly what I want to do; I want to learn to play lead guitar. I want to be able to come up with good guitar solos, but I also want to learn what lead guitarists to when they’ve not playing solos. They obviously don’t just stand to one side with their arms crossed until it’s time for the instrumental break. So I log on to Guitar Tricks (or any other online lessons) and there are thousands of lessons to choose from….and I have absolutely no idea which lessons are going to help me get where I want to go. I can whittle it down by style to several hundred lessons, but still, any choice I make is going to be nothing more than a guess. I can’t be the only one who’s ever had this problem. Any help would be appreciated.