View post (messed up fingers)

View thread

W3
Full Access
W3
Full Access
04/24/2022 11:46 am

Hey from one old goat to another. I'm in my later 60s and was/is a lifetime roofer with enough arthritis for a couple of folks but like everything else in life, I've always found a way to still accomplish my goal. I've studied what makes the fullness of a chord. I've discovered that actually from GT that you can strike the right strings and make it rain. For me, fretting certain strings together can almost sound as full as a complete barre chord and it's much easier on my fingers. Actually, one example of CCR Heard It Through The Grapevine. There are barre chords and there are particular strings fretted to make a lot of the same full sound! An added bit of challenge was back in '92 my right arm and hand got pretty well covered in hot asphalt. After skin grafts, my right pointer finger (new) skin stretched in a way that I couldn't do what I could've done before. But over the years with perseverance and much practice, I worked through a lot and can somewhat play finger style banjo type rolls. Keep at it! No one else can do it for you, my friend, and the rewards are endless!!