View post (Video pausing)

View thread

aliasmaximus
aliasmaximus
03/19/2022 3:19 pm
Originally Posted by: DraconusJLM

Strange, but it doesn't pause on my phone on any setting apart from "Auto" (and due to screen size, doesn't really look much different, either).

Wow, you're doing tutorials on your laptop, your phone, your TV. That's commitment!

I'm convinced that manufacturers want users to think that "Auto" refers to some fancy algorithm that assures that the best video settings will be chosen for the user's specific device, when really it just means that they are mindlessly setting the display to the absolute highest resolution available for any given device.

However, I'm not the most tech saavy soul so I will confess that I can't quite figure out how you manage to watch downloaded tutorials on your TV. Are you using BlueTooth with a smart TV? or connecting your laptop/phone directly to your TV? or perhaps plugging a USB thumbdrive (containing tutorials) into your TV? WiFi through a router and ethernet connection to a desktop computer?

Tutorials on a 65 inch flatscreen with surround sound - that would be awesome! Almost like watching MTV again.

Nicolai