View post (Genre based training)

View thread

dnkygirl23
dnkygirl23
03/15/2022 12:40 am

"After getting the basics down, then you can work through some of the tutorials I linked & see if that helps with your goals. And start learning tunes in the style you like! That's where you really build a vocabulary. And a private teacher specialized in that style is a good idea down the road when you are ready."

[/quote]

I have been unable to find anyone in my area that focus on these styles. I can only find rock focused instructors. This is what i meant by frustrated with trying to find training. I will continue with the basics and get more of the fretboard under my fingers. I just can't believe that it's this difficult to find something so specific and prolific. Funny thing is I hear guitar all the time in R&B, hip hop, trap, and pop. While vocals are highly emphasized the use of guitar is still very prevalent in todays popular non-rock music. Also almost every online training site lacks instruction directly on these genres which makes it seem like guitar doesn't exist in todays popular music... which is just not true. It's a very different style of playing and requires unique skills to pull it off... I fear that on my own I will only be able to learn chords and scales and never be able to advance beyond it because i don't have access to resources that teach the things i need to know.

Ast3rix----