View post (Need info on hammer and pulloffs [frustarted])

View thread

aliasmaximus
aliasmaximus
04/07/2022 9:28 pm
Originally Posted by: greengamer8990

I've decided to call it quits, I don't have the talent for guitar, it's just too hard for me to learn.

Hey, join the club. I feel that way nearly every time I pick up a guitar. As a medical professional I can tell from your language and syntax that you most likely do have a learning disorder. But that's not a valid reason to quit.

Elon Musk, the richest person on earth, is autistic. Michael J. Fox has an advanced movement disorder due to Parkinson's and he still plays the guitar. I tell you this not to shame you or to make you feel bad. Rather, I want to remind you that you CAN learn guitar despite the fact that it's more difficult for you, and to warn you that you WILL someday regret having quit. Just trust me on that one.

Pick something easier than that AC/DC song. There's nothing wrong with rocking out to a beginner level song tutorial using just power chords. Despite being relatively easier than playing fancy barre chords, power chords are still very useful. They slowly improve your technique - your accuracy and proficiency in both hands, which will help you down the road. Despite practicing several hours per day, I still haven't come close to playing consistently clean power chords. And IMO, they're fun to play. What you need right now is to have some fun playing the guitar rather than trying to master it.

Don't quit. Find a way to have fun playing one of these frustrating contraptions. You won't regret it.

Nicolai