View post (The quality of this forum)

View thread

DraconusJLM
DraconusJLM
12/03/2021 11:08 am

The spammers are easy to spot. They usually post something along the lines of "That's very interesting...", etc. and then either add a link to a "mugs will fall for this" website or include links on their next post.

Not allowing registered users to post within a certain length of time wouldn't help, as the scammers would just wait a week or so before using their new accounts.

I've been on the receiving end of the admins "reaching out" to pull me up on my behaviour on here (a disagreement of opinion with another member), but also spotted 5x scammers on the same day (and had to report two of them several times before their posts were removed).

I've now reached the point where I check the forum once or twice every two weeks or so, and have pretty much given up on answering questions etc.

I came for the tuition; the forum appeared to be an added bonus but it's insufficiently moderated to be first class (still far superior to anything on FB, though). I grew so tired of reporting scammers that I even volunteered to moderate for free as I was at that time checking new posts daily and, as already said, can spot scammers with ease, but was ignored

I wish this forum had a "block user" feature. Possibly I'm not the only one......