View post (The quality of this forum)

View thread

john of MT
Full Access
john of MT
Full Access
11/27/2021 5:03 pm

First, this is the first time I remember disagreeing mjgodin. Put me down as firmly opposed to cleaning/editing/deleting forum posts other than those that violate the common sense good manners that prevail on this forum (e.g., the profanity recently posted in the "Korn sucks, right?" thread). Except...

Spam. To paraphrase Mr. Spock, it would be nice to see "some kind of" filtering to prevent spam and the newly registered 'members' that post it. That hasn't come to past but there is an after the fact control that works very, very well, i.e., report the spam to Guitar Tricks Admin.

I've been doing that for years and the spam posts I reported and that subsequentlly were deleted number serveral hundred... over a thousand if you count the hundreds of Asian language spams that were posted in very rapid succession a few years ago.

Admin's response is total and almost always quick. And, they send back a confirming thank you email.

Bothered by the spam posts? All of us can take action to quickly get rid of them. My tipoffs to Admin include the poster's name, the thread, the post number and sub-forum the spam appears in. BTW, when the spam posts are deleted, GT also bans the responsible poster.

john

"It takes a lot of devotion and work, or maybe I should say play, because if you love it, that's what it amounts to. I haven't found any shortcuts, and I've been looking for a long time."
-- Chet Atkins