View thread

ChristopherSchlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor
ChristopherSchlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor
11/30/2021 12:30 pm
Originally Posted by: 69deville

Thanks again, I've always put the wah first in line after tuner.[/quote]

I don't think it would make much or any difference, but I put my tuner last. Have you tried that?

Originally Posted by: 69devilleThe Slash wah does sound better than the original but there's still that one point of when the tone goes from nasily (for lack of better words) to muffled that the signal just thins out.[/quote]

At what point in the sweep of the pedal does the sound go muffled? If it's close to the bottom end of the sweep (all the way back on your heel), that's pretty common & can sometimes be adjusted by pulling the gear teeth apart & advancing the potentiometer a "tooth position" or two.

This is tricky & sometimes requires some trial & error in order to get it right. :)

If the muffled tone happens in the middle of the sweep then I'm not sure what's going on there. I know that those things do work better at louder volumes & more clean head room. A lot of gain or distortion tends to flatten them out & reduce their apparent effect on the tone.

[quote=69deville]

I'm trying to coordinate the full sweep of the wah with a nice slow bend which sounds great until I hit that one spot where it doesn't?

[p]That's always a fun technique to practice & use! Frustrating that you are having gear trouble with it!

[quote=69deville]I appreciate all the help, time and links you've provided Christopher. I'll keep playing around with it. Thanks again. Dale

You're welcome! Best of success with it.

Christopher Schlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor

Christopher Schlegel Lesson Directory