View post (Expression pedal)

View thread

ChristopherSchlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor
ChristopherSchlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor
11/24/2021 2:44 pm
Originally Posted by: 69devilleI've gotten the Slash wah about a year ago and something just doesn't sound right in the sweep.[/quote]

I'm assuming you've changed the battery. If you haven't changed guitars, amps or overall settings, but noticed a significant change in the operation of a wah pedal, then it could be a failed capacitor or a bad solder joint on the board.

Originally Posted by: 69deville

Thinking the tone (guitar/amp) settings have something to do with it. Some settings sound fairly decent, others are like no sweep at all or very thin?

[p]Sometimes. The best way to test this is to set the amp to a clean tone, set all the EQ to 50% then try your guitar on the neck & bridge pickups. Give it try.

[quote=69deville]Is there a "standard" setting with gear that's used like neck vs bridge, treble vs bass vs mid etc that I'm missing or should I jusr shut up and play around with it haha.

There are settings that will squash the effectiveness of the wah. For example putting it at the end of the singal chain after a bunch of gain or modulation effects. I prefer the wah first in order to get the most out of it & have it boosted by the gain instead of slightly squashed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TT-vDDYx4aM

Hope that helps!

Christopher Schlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor

Christopher Schlegel Lesson Directory