View post (In a rut that sucks)

View thread

DraconusJLM
DraconusJLM
11/10/2021 9:54 pm
Originally Posted by: mirandahidera9696

hey chaps...been playing for about 4 years..lots of rock stuff i guess...tried to cool things down of late and moved on to bluesy/rockabilly type style.but i suck big time...now i find myself in a position where the rock stuff i used to play sounds bad and the blues/rockabilly sounds worse...i need some help and some motivation...i used to feel that every time i picked up my guitar i was getting better but now it feels like i'm going backwards and that i was playing songs better 2 years ago..i know that the stuff i am playing now is harder but i'm just struggling...but i do love playing and i want the good times to roll...someone help me before my eyes start to bleed:) Any little licks or sites to check may just save my life....thanx all......stuy

Sign up for full membership, if it's in your budget, then follow either the country or blues lessons 1 & 2. After a couple of months you'll find a noticeable improvement in your playing.

Personal anecdote: I always struggled with the intro to Sweet child of mine, no real idea why, but now I can play it with ease, despite having spent the last three months playing mainly exercises and lessons focused on Country.... Different genre, same skills

I wish this forum had a "block user" feature. Possibly I'm not the only one......