View post (Help)

View thread

snpfarm
snpfarm
10/14/2021 4:24 pm
Originally Posted by: jstevenson6945

Hi everyone ive just got this app to learn guitar its been a life long ambition (im 52)

Im dong the core learning thing from scratch and now upto chapter 3 at the daves riff secton , now i can play it when alone (odd mistake albeit) but when it comes to playing along with lisa ( the instructor) i cant seem to put 6 notes together and crumble for some reason

Can any of you give me any advice please its really doing my head in been at this bit for 3 days i just cant seem to get past the play along part lol

Not sure if I can offer assistance but I feel your pain. I've been playing off and on for 40 years. I've always found it easier to play the melody type stuff like opening riffs, bridges, solos. For example I can play most of Dickie Best's part of the song Jessica. When it comes playing rhythm along with a song I loose it. I've said it's because I have absolutely zero rhythm. Not sure if rhythm can be learned or not??

This trying to get my left hand and right hand to work together is driving me crazy!