View post (How to use a looper pedal?)

View thread

manXcat
manXcat
10/11/2021 1:26 am
Originally Posted by: Tinpan

I git a sanpera looper pedal for my Peavey Vypyr amp. Waste of money (for me anyway). I can record a short rhythm, but that 'stammer' Drac's referring to pissed me off so much I gave up. My timing was OK...just have to fit it in or there's a gap. It's probably me not understanding how to use it. grrrrr.

[br]I think it could be generally said that everyone takes exposure to using them when they first get a looper before they get that start/stop timing consistently right Tinpan. I certainly did. Only 'trick' I know to it is the more I used mine, the more instinctive both that stop/start timing and familarity with using it became. After 3½ years, now it's pretty much instinctive. [br][br]IME I'd analogise the beginning/end timings without incurring an unwanted hesitation as developing similar timing and coordination required in actioning the beat on a kick drum simultaneously with playing different snare and hi-hat intros when starting out playing drums. With time and exposure what one had to think about and time consciously starting out becomes subliminally instinctive.

Justin has a interesting and helpful (if longish -20 mins) lesson on how to use a looper here which might help you enjoy your Sanpera more.[br][br]One of the things I like about my NUX Loop Core, is its friendlier user operating ergonomic rather than conrol and indication being a sequence of different presses of the primary toggle one has to remember indicated by different light colours and states as with the minis like the KOKKO or TC Electronics.