View post (How to use a looper pedal?)

View thread

DraconusJLM
DraconusJLM
10/10/2021 5:35 pm

Ditto user here. It's pretty basic but does what I need: mostly just a chord sequence to play lead over.

One thing to be aware of when using a looper is that your timing needs to be spot on or you can end up with a stammer in the loop.

Loops are ok but, in my opinion, are no substitute for getting together with other musicians and either jamming or practicing songs once you're ready to play with others.

I also like jam tracks but find they're never an exact fit for what I initially wanted, so find myself noodling to them (which is fun, but usually far from being constructive).

Another alternative is drum machines, which have the advantage that you can use the same rhythm in any key (but it's also possible to wander into a completely different key without noticing).

If you're serious about getting a looper, then I think looking at videos on YouTube would be a good start to see which have the features you think you'd use, but budget might also be a factor, before buying ( or even see if your local guitar shops have some you can try).

I wish this forum had a "block user" feature. Possibly I'm not the only one......