View post (Zager Guitars)

View thread

DraconusJLM
DraconusJLM
10/12/2021 11:06 pm

Something about these guitars seems "off" to me. The website seems to keep stressing that these are supposedly easier to play than other guitars makes, but that just gives me the impression they're targetting new players.

Most acoustic guitars come from the manuafacturer fitted with a set of 12s. All you need to do is swap these out for a set of 11s and you instantly have a guitar that is easier to play (and the change in guage won't mean you have to have any adjustments made to the guitar, assuming it wasn't already in need of a setup before changing the strings).

The other thing I find odd is that these don't appear to be available to buy elsewhere. I have seen some sites that sell exclusively, such as Le Voi guitars (I've played two of these, and they're excellent (also feel easier to play than a Martin)) but this is a luthier selling his own guitars.

Personally, I'd steer clear of Zager. (Looking at Zager's site somehow reminded me of a post from a couple of months ago, where somebody had ordered a Slash custom LP for $99, although I imagine you actually get something for your money from Zager; whether is sounds any good or plays easier than a Martin, Taylor, etc....). The customer reviews also appear to have been written by the same few people, judging from the similarities, writing styles and choice of vocabulary.

I wish this forum had a "block user" feature. Possibly I'm not the only one......