Newbie from rural France

TGSMi
Full Access
TGSMi
Full Access
10/29/2023 10:22 am

It is a little more than two years now since I started my guitar journey with Guitar Tricks. I decided to post regular updates, so here it is.

I am not a huge fan of Anders. His Acoustic course is good, but his style bores me a bit, and the practice tunes bore me a lot. So I got back with Lisa : I did her strumming course, and I am currently doing her fingerpicking course. I also checked her String Band lessons, and her Blues for beginners lessons. I like Lisa because she gives songs to play, not just practice tunes. I understand that practice tunes are an interesting teaching tool, but in the end I need to make music, and with Lisa I do that.

I felt that the time was ripe for me to start playing with other people, so I contacted the music school close to where I live. I also wanted to take lessons with a « real live » teacher, to get feedback on what I have been doing for two years. The youngsters are given priority (I accept that, it seems normal to me) so there was no place for me but the teacher offered me to join in the contemporary (pop) music ensemble. I was very happy to join, it is great fun and it will push me forward. The teacher, seeing that I was very commited to learning, now takes me for one-on-one lessons from time to time. I now intend to do that concurrently with my Guitar Tricks lessons, and I am confident that it will help me master the playing skills that I want to learn.

So all in all, I am still very happy with everything I learned and am learning here at Guitar Tricks, and I feel very lucky to be living at a time and place where I have access to that.

edited

The only real failure is the failure to try.

# 21

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.