View post (What is your beginner practice routine?)

View thread

stacykhuffman
stacykhuffman
09/05/2021 2:54 pm

How to practice is something I've done a lot of google searches on..I am completely new to guitar, started a couple of months ago. I have generally been trying to follow the framework she laid out early on. Originally I would not listen to the next lesson till I got the previous one down perfectly. Then I noticed that sometimes what I needed to know what in the next lesson so I started to be a little more flexible. I continue to go back and practice pieces that I didn't master but going forward a little keeps me from getting too bored with the same thing.

Another thing I did is I bought a few book called Really Easy Guitar and I flagged songs that have chords from lessons and songs that I like. That makes chord practice more fun for me, and I do very well with shapes and different transitions. I think its also helped with the quality of my notes, I can easily tell when they are off.

What I don't have though is speed. I can do the 8 chords I know well but only about as fast as 70 bpm. So now I'm trying to figure out how to bring that up to about 120 bpm.