View post (Boss Katana 50, what a beast)

View thread

Bowman_David
Bowman_David
05/09/2022 7:44 am

Hi, this thread hasn't been used in a while but I wonder if I can ask your advice on the Boss Katana (I have a 50 mk2). I have been playing (or should I say learning) for almost 2 years now.

I tend to play unplugged as I find when I use my Boss Katana I go down a rabbit hole trying to make it sound 'right'. Working through the 'Rock 1' lessons the Amp that Anders is using sounds so much brighter than the Boss on clean. My sound is quuite muffled. I then spend hours looking at presets and reading forums and waste time that I should be using to get better at playing. [br]Risking going down another rabbit hole.... I thought I would ask for advice here. To me, the amp sounds so much darker than Anders' videos. I know he isn't using the same amp, but I would have thought on Clean it would be somewhat the same?

I am happy to be told that I am being silly here. I openly admit that I don't know much about this stuff. [br][br]My main question is, could there be something wrong with the amp making this happen? that's my main worry and that I am chasing my tail trying to make it sound right. (happy to send audio sample if that could help)[br][br]Is there something easy that I can do to make it sound a lot brighter? I have tried the Eq's But It just still sounds so dark to me. [br][br]Thank you so much for your advice - If anyone sees this thread. [br][br][br][br]

-Cheers[br]David.