View post (An Open Letter to Guitar Tricks)

View thread

FSTech
FSTech
04/22/2021 6:15 pm

Man.....I'm new here....so he it goes.... may get banned the first day... haven't read all the post but hti is basically a response to the OP

When it comes to music, I don't care what color the skin is or what the sex is, all I care about is if I like it....does it move me? does it take me away from the stress of everyday life? does it make me remember a time? feeling? etc?

I listen to bands like Halestorm, Pretty Reckless, Parliament, Living Color, Pat Benatar, Lita Ford, White Zombie, Rage Against the Machine, Hendrix, Skillet....just to point to few not because of who is in the band but the fact I dig the tunes they put out. I feel music transends hate, racism, fear, all the negative but instead is a conduit to peace, untiy and fellowship.

Honesty.....Living Color blew my mind as a teen in '88. I remember hearing the song then seeing the video.....opened my eyes to the fact the music is blind to color, sex or anything anyone can jam!!! Now the difference is if you like the goove or not....for example, I'm not a fan of rap, appreciate it but never a fan.....there is something about a distorted guitar that always gets me. Now before anyone rushes to judgement, I'm not a fan of country either, and I'm from Kentucky....there are certain sounds I like and some I don't.....that's just music.

Peace everyone