View post (An Open Letter to Guitar Tricks)

View thread

stewart.dennis78
Full Access
stewart.dennis78
Full Access
04/19/2021 9:55 am
Originally Posted by: faith83

An Open Letter to Guitar Tricks

I enjoy Guitar Tricks and find it has a lot of value. But it's hard not to notice that GT overwhelmingly features songs by white men in your song selection.

[br]I'm posting this to request that Guitar Tricks make a commitment to equal representation and diversity by including equal numbers of songs by women and by people of color in your catalog. Given that new songs being added keep being 100% male and almost 100% white, I don't see any effort being made at all to rectify this problem.

[br]Please stop this nonesense! This is a site to learn guitar and good music, this has nothing to do with race, skin color or sexual orientation. Please GT, do not get sucked into this woke nonesense. I mean whats next? There needs to be a certain amount of pieces from black transsexuals? Once you give them an inch they want it all.

[br]This is only about music... race, skin color or sexual orientation is personal preference. Live the live you want and how you want, but keep that woke race baiting BS for yourself.

[br]I really love GT and plan to stay here much longer, but if this site gives in to this insanity i will need to look somewhere else.