View post (An Open Letter to Guitar Tricks)

View thread

W3
Full Access
W3
Full Access
04/10/2021 12:09 pm

Hmmm. Is the cancel culture a-calling on GT or are we supposed to shut our mouths and roll over? Dean, for your description of yourself as being stale, pale and male, please add frail and privileged because it describes you. Not all of us whites men fit your persona, you probably need to get away from your TV more. [br]i was drawn to this site because it was recommended by a fellow guitar player. I was drawn fast and furiously to songs like Joe Walsh's Walk Away, not because he's a liberal white recovering addict, but because I loved the guitar growl. I was also drawn to Living Colors, Cult of Personality. Not because they're black liberals, but because it friggin' rocks all over. When GT did a lesson on Melissa Ethridge's, Am I The Only One, the furthest thing from my mind was she is a woman and I later discovered she is gay. So what? That chick can rock and groove like few can, let alone women. [br]My point is, if it moves me musically, I'm in. If you wanna whine that I shouldn't have a voice, kiss off. I'm a 'Nam vet and a roof contractor and have NO patience for anyone who hasn't lived a full life telling who I am and how my opinion and views don't matter. Vote for your favorite song if that is the protocol, and if more women rocked like Melissa, I'd be there. And by the way, there are a lot of sorry sounding things I don't care for, white or black, and I don't listen to them, it's life as we once knew it in America. Tinpan, I'd like more Hendrix and Neil Young too, and don't tap out, brother, I hear you.