View post (An Open Letter to Guitar Tricks)

View thread

moosehockey18
moosehockey18
04/10/2021 12:01 pm
Originally Posted by: deanbadam
Originally Posted by: Tinpan

.... if it doesn't suit what your ears prefer then vote with your wallet and try YouTube or another guitar site. Not sure if there are any that are political and musical but couldn't hurt to shop around.

Tinpan - a site that predomantly hosts and provides tutorials for songs played by men and/or white men is political. The only people who can ignore color and gender are white men. Like others have said, there was never a suggestion to take the choices away from the likely older men and their crusty ways, just to provide more considered diversity.

Diversifying offerings - both song lessons and tutors appeals to a wider audience. This isn't rocket science and is what a lot of companies are realising.

This isn't PC, but if nothing else its good business sense as most of the stale, male and pale (of which I'm one) are going to die off in time and if that's the only market the site has managed to appeal to then the writing is on the wall.

OK. Time for a rant. It`s not my intent to offend anyone but if I do.......oh well.

I`m so damned sick and tired of this. I thought by now our society would have evolved to the point that race would be completely irrelevant.If you would`ve asked me 40 years ago where our society would stand on race in 2021, I would`ve said that it wouldn`t matter any more than the color of someone`s hair or their eyes. Boy was I wrong. We`re OBSESSED with race 24/7 now . I swear we were doing far better in race relations back in the 70`s 80`s and 90`s when I was a young man. We`ve gone backward.

I enjoy the music I enjoy .Like Tinpan has said earlier, I let the music move me. I don`t give a damn what color, ethnicity, nationality etc. the artist happens to be. Why does that even matter ? If you don`t like what GT offers, then either try to work with them or GO ELSEWHERE. Vote with your feet if that`s what you want to do. I`ve got news foy y`all. There will always be racism out there. Thankfully they`re a small minority, Ignore them. If you noticed the news lately, there`s an entire industry out there working to keep racism going and using it as a weapon to keep us divided. Politicians and race baiters like Al Sharpton make a living at this. If racism disappears then they`re out of a job. Has anyone notied how many of these supposed racial incidents have been fabricated ? Jesse Smollet anyone ?? Bubba Watson`s fake noose anyone ?

I`m done with this crap. I`ve got better things to do. Maybe if we can get back to what brought us here in the first place ( love of guitar) we`d all be better off.

Carry on.