View post (Neil Young.)

View thread

matonanjin2
matonanjin2
03/24/2021 2:36 pm

Tinpan,

I don't know how much this will help. It certainly is not about a lesson on Powderfinger. But maybe it will help with practicing it after you acquire some knowledge on the song. Maybe you can transcribe some of it or find some begining lesson on YT or elsewhere.

And if you are already familiar with Karaoke Backing Tracks just further ignore me.

I find, surprisingly, that a lot of us guitar students are not familiar with them.

Here is a custom backing track for Powderfinger on Karaoke. And let me explain what is meant by a custom backing track.

First off, these are backing tracks, not jam tracks. These are specific songs with tracks for each of the instruments and vocals for that song. Using Powderfinger as our example, one can buy a backing track with the following versions: with and without vocals, full version and one with just guitar. And it is only $2!!!

But what really makes this site cool, at least to me. are their custom backing tracks. For only $1 more one can change the backing just about as many ways as you can imagine and then redownload it. Want it without vocals? Download it! Want it without lead guitar? Download it! Want it without lead guitar AND without vocals? Download it! Want it in a different key? Change it and download it. Ad infinitum.

I, unfortunately, bought a few tracks before I learned about their custom backing tracks. but they're so cheap I went back and bought the custom tracks, changed them and downloaded the ones I wanted.

I'm not sure how your word with Mr. Young went.

[u]Guitars:[/u] 2014 PRS Santana, 2013 PRS Paul's, 2009 PRS Hollowbody, 1972 Gibson ES-325, 2012 Fender Strat American Standard, 2012 Yamaha Pacifica, Martin M-36, Martin 000-15M, Seagull S6 Classic[br][u]Amps:[/u] Fender Blues Junior III, Boss Eband JS-10, Line 6 POD 500X, Quilter Microblock 45