View post (surgery scheduled)

View thread

matonanjin2
matonanjin2
03/12/2021 3:01 pm
Originally Posted by: SusanMW

I have been making some lemonade out of these lemons though.

Susan, best wishes for a quick recovery and your getting back to playing as soon as possible. As one who who has been dealing with chronic pain (and its effect on playing) I can relate to what you're going through.

Your "making lemonade" clearly demonstrates your committment to playing and learning and your passion for it. There are some other constructive pastimes to consider while you're on the bench. One is studying theory. I have to confess I wish that I had sudied this more after my surgeries. Another is listening, very carefully listening, to the songs you want to play when the guitar is back in your hands. Study the chord changes, tempo/key changes etc. I don't know why this works or helps, and a psychologist friend or mine tried to explain it, but it does.

Please keep us posted on your recovery.

[u]Guitars:[/u] 2014 PRS Santana, 2013 PRS Paul's, 2009 PRS Hollowbody, 1972 Gibson ES-325, 2012 Fender Strat American Standard, 2012 Yamaha Pacifica, Martin M-36, Martin 000-15M, Seagull S6 Classic[br][u]Amps:[/u] Fender Blues Junior III, Boss Eband JS-10, Line 6 POD 500X, Quilter Microblock 45