View post (Good guitars from the year you were born)

View thread

matonanjin2
matonanjin2
02/20/2021 4:42 pm

Seriously??!!?!? I won't even think about a guitar in the time frame I was born! I wouldn't be able to afford it. It would have to be acoustic as electrics did not exist yet.

What I have often thought about is a Fender Strat from the time frame of when I was in high school. I played bass in a rock band in high school. After I graduated and went off to college and then shortly after that got married I decided it was time to quit the band. As you can well imagine my new bride had a lot to do with that decision!

Since taking up 6 string I have often thought how a Fender Strat from that time would be fun. I played a Fender Bass through a Fender Bassman amp. And to answer what you have been wondering, this would be a late 60's Strat. (I graduated in 66)

I have continued to think about this and seen a few on places like Normans Rare Guitars. Maybe someday.

[u]Guitars:[/u] 2014 PRS Santana, 2013 PRS Paul's, 2009 PRS Hollowbody, 1972 Gibson ES-325, 2012 Fender Strat American Standard, 2012 Yamaha Pacifica, Martin M-36, Martin 000-15M, Seagull S6 Classic[br][u]Amps:[/u] Fender Blues Junior III, Boss Eband JS-10, Line 6 POD 500X, Quilter Microblock 45