View post (Almost got The Night We Met)

View thread

Susan_Montgomery
Susan_Montgomery
02/07/2021 1:37 am

I have been able to play a little, despite my poor fretting hand pain...so I devoted today's time to revisiting a song I tried months ago, Lord Huron's The Night We Met. I absolutely love this song so I was eager to try it back then but I just couldnt get it. I put it away for awhile and got it out tongiht.

I can suddenly play it! I can do the barre F#m chord but not consistently so I just do the partial barre. I have been listening to the original version along with some Live versions and I'm starting to really get the hang of the dynamics. The original has some Oooo's and Ahhhh's in the beginning so I'm doing that while I lightly strum, then build up the dynamics, do the doubled up strumming halfway through until the ending where I do a couple single strums to begin that part and now I'm working on getting the arpeggiation right at the end. Since I'm doing a partial barre on that F#m, I'm not quite sure how to arepeggiate it and make it sound good. I keep trying, do you have any suggestions?

I'm so excited with how this is sounding! Great tutorial. And the singers voice is a very comfortable range for me to sing. And hooray with getting things back out that you put away months ago. This has been happening a lot to me lately! (I started playing in July of last year.)

Thanks for any tips on that arpeggiation.

“Often, what seems like an impossible climb is just a staircase without the steps drawn in.” Robert Brault, American Operatic Tenor