View post (Getting back to it)

View thread

DavesGuitarJourney
DavesGuitarJourney
01/31/2021 11:55 pm

Hey gang, I have been away from GT and guitar practice for about 3 months due to some health issues -- not COVID -- but I am getting back to it gradually. Starting to pick up my guitar for very short sessions a couple of times a day to build the strength and stamina back.[br][br]

My muscles still remember the chords pretty well, so that's good. I definitely lost ground with changing chords smoothly, but I know that should come back to the level I was before pretty quickly as I start to play more again.

The part that has seriously regressed the most is rhythm and strumming. I guess that makes sense because it has been the most difficult thing for me from the beginning.

I am certainly frustrated about the setback, but I decided not to be in that oft mentioned 90% of beginners who quit in the first year. I am looking forward to enjoying and learning from you guys again - have missed the comraderie and positive spirit here.

Regards,

Dave...

It takes as long as it takes unless you quit - then it takes forever and you will never get there.