View post (Red Hot)

View thread

noticingthemistake
Crime Fighter
noticingthemistake
Crime Fighter
01/13/2003 4:47 pm
Originally posted by Raskolnikov

I think what people are getting at when they say things of that sort is that people will allow the demonstration of technique to interfere with the song itself.

Exactly. Well the way I think anyways. Solo technique is cool but at least make it have something to do with the main part of the song. Guys like Hammett, King, and Malmsteen are too busy with showing off. The over-all music should be good, and within the context of an original idea. Like Vivaldi's "spring", the whole thing is based on one concept. Beethoven was the master of this, the easiest example is ode to joy. One small idea made the whole thing happen. Alot of classical music is basically the same principle, so I wouldn't consider them showing off. They were just getting the idea, feeling, expression, whatever acrosst. They did what they had to do, and sometimes that dictates crazy little things in music.

Aiwass, I'd say you'd have to have some skill to be famous. Along with other things that really have nothing to do with music, like looks and garabge like that.
"My whole life is a dark room...ONE BIG DARK ROOM" - a.f.i.