View post (Red Hot)

View thread

Slow Diver
Slow Diver
01/11/2003 11:38 am
Well, yes, that was actually my point, if you mess a little its not a big deal. Because it seems to me that many of the guitarists think you suck when you screw something a little bit. I do not have low standards, just the opposite, when I am on stage I am so concentrated on playing with perfect technique that a lot of the feeling and the emotion gets lost. Now I have changed my understanding -- now my live phylosophy is "ok I'll do some mistakes, thats ok, it is inevitable but I will enjoy more the music and it won't be like I am taking an exam or being auditioned"
However I'm not talking about the other extreme which would be: comming stoned on stage, messing severly the song, forgetting the notes and stuff like that. That is showing disrespect for the people who have come to the show.
Btw do you guys drink before playing live. i have found for myself that two beers work fine before playng live, because I don't feel drunk but at the same time I'm kind of a little dizzy and more relaxed.
The world is loaded, it's lit to pop, nobody is gonna stop!