View post (Red Hot)

View thread

noticingthemistake
Crime Fighter
noticingthemistake
Crime Fighter
01/08/2003 7:53 pm
I agree with you. It's impossible to have perfect technique, and for someone to worry too much about there technique is going to waste their time. But you should have some good technique, no one goes to see a band that just strums or bangs out notes without a care. Nor is anyone going to turn away if you miss a note or accidently bump a string, so on so on. If they do, F*** them. As long as you are playing the basic idea of the music correctly, your ok when you miss a string or whatever. No one can be perfect 100% of the time, so your bound to mess up somewhere. Now if you keep messing up, or if you think thats ok, I'd say thats a extremely low standard to have.

Other guitarists will point out mistakes of another player, because I think we have some pride in what we do. I do it too. I can't speak for anyone else but myself, but I don't think it's done to curse the other guy. Just the fact that I can notice that, doesn't mean I'm saying, "haha, you messed up, so your a horrible player". I could play the same song and someone else will notice where I would mess up somehow. It's an endless cycle like evil sheep said, it's going to get noticed (criticized) by someone because your going to make mistakes.

The guys you were talking about are still on rhythm, even if it's not exactly precise. Their is just alot of feeling in it, and if your playing by feeling; there is going to be some kind of rhythm to it if your on with the drumbeat behind it. Any musician can appreciate feeling and emotion in music.
"My whole life is a dark room...ONE BIG DARK ROOM" - a.f.i.